270 Win / 700 Rem mt. rifle

**** Roy!

Can't find a gremlin wipin his eyes, but it's so. That was goooood!

I gotta horse I rolled three times. Once **** near a mile in steeeep snowy shute. Beloved rifle was in the scabbard twice. Wife was on the next horse watchin me.

Rusty (the horse) still lets me get on. Wife does too. Rifle still shoots straight. The three of 'em been there for me. What I need, they got it. Every time.

If you look in the Nosler manual they use Lilja and Wiseman barrels on most of there test rifle's. A factory rifle is not going to get what a custom rifle is going to get for velocity just not going to happen. If it was a 130gr I would tell you to go up to 62 to 63gr of H-4831. For a 140gr I would think about 60gr of H-4831 is going to be max. I would say even with R-22 the most fps you will get out of a 22inch pipe is 2850fps to 2900fps. This is why I think all Rifles should come with a 26inch pipe standard. There is no reason not to have one. Nobody can tell me that the extra 3 to 5 ounces is going to effect there handling of there rifle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Roy ,

Whoever told you that you come across harsh ? Just a big ol 'teddy bear I reckon. Got me sniffling on the keyboard even. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the post and thanks again for the little falling down laughing guy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.