.264 Load Data?

.338Fan

I'm looking for loading data for a .264 Win Mag. I'm building one a model 700 action with a 27" Schneider barrel and am curious what others are shooting in there rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I only have 24" barrels on my Ruger stainless rifles.I usually use H-870 powder .I want to try reloader 25 in it.I have only tired a few bullets due to the wonderful short throat in my chambers.I have to get that fixed.I could not even use the 100 gr 6.5 mm varmit bullets.I decided that they were bad for the throat and barrel any way.I have used 140 Remington core locks which only have grouped around 1.25" at 100 yards.I used the Lapula 155 gr mega tips for 350 yard pronghorn and a big 270 lb whitetail at 15 yards.I got awesome groups with them 3/8" at 100 yards.The bc is .377 not that great but its an awesome bullet.I also found a box of 140 gr winchester pp I am going to load.The chambers are so short throated that I either have to use the remington 140 gr or 120 gr or the winchesters.they are the only bullets I found that will chamber full length.I have to get these rifles rethroated but its hard to do when the Lapula bullets shot 3/8" groups with this crappy short throat.I want to try Hornadt sst 140 gr and maybe the other Lapula 6.5 mm bullets.I think they make a couple of 139 and 140 gr match bullets.I dont know if my rifle will stablize the serria smk 6.5 bullets.I guess I will just have to try.aI usually go with 73 grs of H-870 with the 140 gr and 69 grs with the 155 gr.I usually neck down 7mm mag brass.I get it cheap about .05 a piece.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.