.260 Rem. & Superformance Powder

Thats EXACTLY what I was alluding to. Ive been told by people in the business that powder for RESALE never was the same stuff as in "factory" ammo.
Sullu2, Maybe it isn't the same as they load in factory loads. I'm looking at the CM cartridge (which is close to the 260). If someone were to back off the max load of the CM,would it not at least be possible to start there? I only asked if someone has tried it. I did not intend to ruffle any feathers. As far as your comment about "dunderheads" goes i personally think it was poor judgement on your part to resort to a statement like that. Everyone has a question from time to time as well as i'm sure you do.We are all adults here. Lets not resort to profiling anyone who asks a simple question. My mom always said if you can't be nice , be quiet.

Sullu2, Maybe it isn't the same as they load in factory loads. I'm looking at the CM cartridge (which is close to the 260). If someone were to back off the max load of the CM,would it not at least be possible to start there? I only asked if someone has tried it. I did not intend to ruffle any feathers. As far as your comment about "dunderheads" goes i personally think it was poor judgement on your part to resort to a statement like that. Everyone has a question from time to time as well as i'm sure you do.We are all adults here. Lets not resort to profiling anyone who asks a simple question. My mom always said if you can't be nice , be quiet.

I cant really say Sarge. I do know that one must have a certain amount of chamber pressure for proper burning...and if ya dont get it you can get into BAD trouble real quick.

As far as the last part of your post I wont even comment because its not up to YOU to "judge" what I may post UNLESS what I might have posted was absolutely incorrect...Basically...I dont care what your MOMMA said!
( And BTW Rosco...the dunderhead I referred to was a sniper whos intent was to drag me out into an argument...nothing more. Guess I should have referred to him as an A***OLE by name....then no confusion with the rest of the paranoids on the BB)

Last edited:
I cant really say Sarge. I do know that one must have a certain amount of chamber pressure for proper burning...and if ya dont get it you can get into BAD trouble real quick.

As far as the last part of your post I wont even comment because its not up to YOU to "judge" what I may post UNLESS what I might have posted was absolutely incorrect...Basically...I dont care what your MOMMA said!
( And BTW Rosco...the dunderhead I referred to was a sniper whos intent was to drag me out into an argument...nothing more. Guess I should have referred to him as an A***OLE by name....then no confusion with the rest of the paranoids on the BB)
I can tell you do not intend to be helpful or civil to the rest of us so i will leave you to wallow in your glory. Or misery, whichever it may be. You did get one thing right though. I was a sniper in 1966. May have been before your time. Only guessing. .............SEMPER FI.

Has Anyone Tried This Powder? Hornady Will Not Print Any Load Data For What I Believe They Fear They May Take Away From Their CM Cartridge. They Stated That This Powder Only Works In Specific Cartridges. I Can Only Think They May Have Tried It And Found It To Be Very Good And Don't Want To Publish Any Data. What Do You All Think?
Hornady will not post it cause the 260 Rem will smoke the CM. Thats why they only make bullets in 129 gr. I have a 260 Rem and a 6.5 CM. All I can say is that the CM is a joke. The only thang the CM has going for it is that the leading bullet manufacture make factory ammo for it. I have hand loaded for my 260 and 6.5 CM for years trying to figure out what the rave is about this cartridge. What a joke. A complete waist of time. I get 250 FPS more out of my 260 REM than the CM w/the same bullet. You know why Hornady even made the 6.5 CM? Its cause the 260 REM is always in the top 10 caliber for F-Class bench shooting. Look it up if ya like. Hornady tried to duplicate the 260 because it is doing so well. So my suggestion is use the 6.5 CM data for the 260 REM and work a load up, Disclaimer use caution. Anything the 6.5 CM will do the 260 can do better. LoL my bad. It all ready has done better. Good luck. hope this helps.

I bought 8 pounds of Superperformance($150.00) and tried it on both 6.5 Creed and .260 AI. I used .260 Remington max loads for my starting loads for the .260 AI. Not impressed with this powder. H4831sc gives me 2925 fps and 3 shot 1 hole groups(.364 outside diameter)at 100 yards with 140 grain SST's, SuperP is slower and doesn't group as well as the H4831sc for my rifles. I will continue to play with it, I know it will work in something I own.

I load for a .300 WSM, which is on their list of recommended cartridges. My rifle is a controlled feed Model 70. I have been using RL-16 for bullets from 175 to 200 grain with good results. I'm about out of the RL-16 and found some Superformance available at Midway. I have been wanting to try the 166 Gr Hammer Hunter. I have had excellent results with the 181 HH, at 3030 fps and after consulting with Steve, he felt I that the Superformance was a good choice for that bullet and I should expect around 3200 fps or better. I tried the powder, and started experiencing heavy bolt lift before I reached 3000 fps. I reached a peak of 2970 and after that the speed started going down, and pressure signs increased. So I gave up the project. The 181 gr HH has produced less than 1/2 MOA groups and has plenty of speed and energy out to 700 yds for good terminal performance. So I'll stick with it.