257 weatherby mag

I was down at the bench this morning and verified my OAL for the 115 BT it is 3.305 with H-1000. This is in my Weatherby ULW.

The latest Handloader's Journal has a great article on 257 Weatherby. They were using the Remington 700 in 257 Weatherby. Part of the accuracy problem with Weatherby's, even in a Rem 700, is the long lead for the bullet to jump to get to the rifling. Even with the 120gr bullets, they could not touch the lands and have the bullet seated in the case. Try to stretch your COL out to help with accuracy.

The latest Handloader's Journal has a great article on 257 Weatherby. They were using the Remington 700 in 257 Weatherby. Part of the accuracy problem with Weatherby's, even in a Rem 700, is the long lead for the bullet to jump to get to the rifling. Even with the 120gr bullets, they could not touch the lands and have the bullet seated in the case. Try to stretch your COL out to help with accuracy.

I tried that with mine. I loaded to 3.295 and .3.300 to a lack luster result. I shortened mine up as described by the author of the article which you refrence and my accuracy came right in. I now load my 115 NBT's to 3.160 and I get the first two touching and one about .5 or so off. After that the barrel heats up and accuracy goes to pot. That is a great article though and it is full of great info for us 257 WBY lovers.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.