.257 Weatherby-110 gr. Accubond-RL25-What's not to like?

300winnie

.257 Weatherby-110 gr. Accubond-RL25-What\'s not to like?

Got out Saturday night to shoot a few .22 shells with my two boys and in the process I got to shoot one group out of my .257 Weatherby with a load that I have wanted to proof for quite a while. I have attached a photo of the target with the applicable information. The only thing not listed on the target is the velocity as it was too late to chronograph these three shots. However, I have chronographed this load before and it averages right at 3,525 fps.

One other side note that I found interesting and encouraging is that the brass used to fire this group was Winchester brand 7mm Remington Magnum, sized to .257 Roy in the sizing die. It had not been fired...virgin brass.

Needless to say I am pretty stoked about this load.

[image]
DCP_1416.jpg
[/image]

Re: .257 Weatherby-110 gr. Accubond-RL25-What\'s not to like?

It was a one step process. Lubed it up good with Imperial and ran it through the .257 Roy die for a nice "crush" fit.

Looks like you have found a nice load for your 257 Roy.
3525 fps should be a flat shooter.

JD338

If it consistently groups that small I wouldn't try anything else. I have one with a 24" barrel and have been chasing consistent groups for so long I finally quit. I'd get a 1/2" group followd by a 3" group. My highest velocity with a 100gr bullet is 3425 fps. I've tried every bullet and slow burning powder made without any luck. I tried switching scopes. I sent the rifle to Weatherby and received it back with a test target showing three holes touching. They said the wood had swelled. The test bullets were their 117gr simi-spitzer, not exactly the bullet I had in mind when I bought the rifle. I was looking for a long range Blacktail/coyote rig. I then tried a box of their 100gr ammo and they grouped around 3". The rifle's been a safe queen ever since.

I do have a 7 STW that will shoot 1/2" groups with a 140gr bullet at around 3500 fps all day long. It kind of fills the spot.

Anyways, congratulations, a 110gr bullet @ 3525 will shoot like the proverbial banjo string.

Double AA

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.