257 weatherby 100 gr sierra sbt

With less freebore I would also take a look at 95gr blitz kings, they're impressive on coyotes out of a 257

Take a 7 Remington Mag case, deburr the outside, lube the neck and shoulder, run in through the Full Length sizer slowly. Cases come out perfect, you will not believe how perfect they look.

Send this case and a dummy case with a bullet seated to PTG or JGS and have them make a reamer with .030 freebore. Tell the reamer maker to add .004 to the neck dia of the dummy round you send to them with a bullet seated.

Reamer will pay for it's self with the longer barrel life you get considering cheaper brass.

I had really good luck with 100g Hornady and 117g Hornady's on whitetails, along with 100g Nosler ballistic tips, 100g Partitions. Deer were laying in their tracks.

I sold the rifle, BAD MISTAKE. Then went with a 7 STW shooting 120g ttsx and ballistic tips at 3800 shooting bug holes. Problem was that the 120g's in the 7 stw kicked a lot more due to shooting 15g more powder and a tad more bullet weight. Some rifles you wish you had never sold.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.