257....BST or TTSX??

What are your plans to test for expansion? Never mind, you go for it bud. I hope they work very well for you. Maybe you can bring them up to one of the shoots I put on.

Good Luck.

Jeff

I like the Barnes, I've shot 3 antelope with non Barnes bullets and each one had a ruined shoulder on the opposite side. The 5 others I've shot with Barnes and each one had very little meat loss. I like the Barnes for that reason, you don't get as much meat loss from the bullet fragmenting.

just finished having my Weatherby mark 5 rebarreled with a Brux contour / light #4 , 7 1/2 twist , 28 inch barrel ,chambered in a 257 Weatherby, i did the bedding and floating ,trigger work also. this rifle is built too shoot Berger VLD 135 GR. Bullets or as heavy or heavier 25 caliber bullets . i topped rifle off with a 5 1/2 x 22 - 56 Nightforce scope . i hope to be able to shoot 3300 + FPS should be a great long range rifle for out west for deer and antelope . i also plan on trying some 128 gr. Hammer bullets and some 131 gr. Black Jack bullets.

Last edited:
I picked up a nice accumark on here in 257 weatherby. Going to use it for antelope and mule deer, Ive used the 80gr TTSX but thinking about sticking with the 115 BST that it shoots well. Speed and trajectory goes to the TTSX, BC and weight go to the BST.............Your thoughts

wonder how this all worked out?

I had a custom 257 Weatherby with zero freebore, 10T, and I shot the 80g Barnes TTSX at 4130 fps into really tiny bug hole groups. Deer never moved on the bullet impact, never. Nephew has the rifle now, who is recoil sensitive, but shoots this combo very, very well with the addition of a Gentry muzzle break. He sees the bullet impact on the deer and hogs every time.

Pac Nor did the work on the rifle on a 3 Groove super match barrel. Load work up was less than 20 rounds.

I like the Barnes, I've shot 3 antelope with non Barnes bullets and each one had a ruined shoulder on the opposite side. The 5 others I've shot with Barnes and each one had very little meat loss. I like the Barnes for that reason, you don't get as much meat loss from the bullet fragmenting.
I've taken over 30 animals with TSX, TTSX and their newer long range bullets. They perform very well in my opinion. As feelinlucky stated, minimal meat loss compared to fragmenting bullets. Wound channel is a consistent 3 to 6 inches from start to finish. But prices have now risen over 25% since last year!!!

Hard to beat a hard mono like the ttsx. I am going to try some hammers in mine soon. I probably have killed more stuff with a gameking 100 gain and a 117 Hornady RN than anything —be cause that is what I was able to get.a 80-90 grain mono pushed to warp speed is interesting to me…