25-06 Sendero back from hart

stripes

Got my rifle back after 4 months, looks great. Waiting on a badger rail from brownells, haven't shot it yet. This rifle is a 1/12 twist, throated short for the 75 to 85gr bullets, anything larger would be seated way to deep in the case.
Anybody got any pet loads with the lighter bullets. Any input would be greatful.

75g VMAX, 58g IMR-4831, W-W case, CCI BR-2, 3.2" shoots .5" moa at around 3700fps.

85g NBT, 57g RL-19, W-W case, Fed 210, 3.225" shoots .5" moa at around 3600fps.

These were worked up in factory rifles and were right around max.

Remingtonman i take it you use these loads in a factory 1/10 twist rifle? can you get these loads near the lands?. hope i didint screw up buy the 1/12 twist in this barrell

i used all the same compotnets that remmy did, but i went up to 60gr of imr 4831. i was over 3900fps. also my oal was 3.2. custom pipe 26in. 1 in 10 twist

I shoot a 25-06AI, 26" pipe... here's a pic of a coyote shot at 150yds with a 75 V-Max at around 3900 (62gr RE-19). He was sitting on his haunches barking at me when I shot him right in the brisket. That's the entrance wound... no exit. What was left of the lungs and heart fell out when I picked the dog up. Fur Friendly? I think not!!
ddp2.jpg

Yep, these were worked up in a Winchester model 70 w/24" 1 in 10". I"m not to sure how far off the lands they are, but I'm pretty sure I could seat them to touch the lands. I still have quite a bit of magazine length left. The 75g vmax might not be able to reach the lands, but it may. The 85g NBT I know I can reach the lands, but thats where they shot best out of my rifle.

Nice!! Yep, those 75's have never exited a coyote I've shot with them. THats pretty nasty for a entry wound!! I shot a couple chucks last year with the 75g vmax and they did not even exit a chuck!! I was actually kinda surprised at that, but [censored] a chuck is only around 4-5" thick, but nope still no exit from the 75g vmax. Thats why I prefer the 85g NBT. LIttle more weight, little tougher and still going plenty fast means just as destructive as the 75g, but usually you get an exit out of the 85g and its not pretty!!

I was just wondering cause my 244 is getting those numbers with the 75 v max in a 12 twist using H-4350.

Tim

I thought i had seen a load for 60+grains of reloader 19 on accuratereloading.com, but the books do not go that high. I know all guns are different was the 62gr hot?.

I have a Ruger All Weather in 25-06AI and it's favorite load for the 75 grain V-Max is 62 grains of RL-19 in Winchester cases and CCI-250 primers. Mine clocks 3850fps on my Pact Chronograph. I seat them at 3.150" oal. They are no where near the rifling. They shoot in the .2"-.3" five shot group range. I use the same bullet in my 257 Weatherby in a really mild load that clocks 3960. They are .450 from the rifling in that one and it shoots even better than the Ruger does. The 75V-Max will not exit a body shot on a Raccoon sized critter. They are devestating on digger squirrels and birds. They will almost set a 1 gallon milk jug on fire. You must try them to see what I mean.

Near the rifling means nothing to me. My old Ruger77V 22-250 with over 5000 rounds has never been able to seat near the rifling so I always just seat to the magazine. That gun is truly a 1 hole rig.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts