25-06 elk bullets

I 2nd the120 partition. I have seen the effects of a well placed 120 partition on a spike. 186 yards, one shot. Quartering shot took off the top of the heart and exited. Powder was rl-25, r-p case and CCI 200 primer.

Yep, Edd I saw that. Kinda poking fun at the 7 pages of rambling and hijacking after your answer. The best answer IMHO. Our original poster was very wise in NOT telling us what brand of rifles he's got, or we'd have 9 more pages! :)

There was even a good answer in post #2 but it was hidden in the rambling.

From my experience if I was to ever use my 25-06 for elk, which I would feel perfectly OK with using it, I would use these 120 Speer Grand Slams

Thanks to everyone who gave input.
I have enjoyed reading everything. Even the hi jacking was good.:cool:
I am new to this forum and it is nice to see the banter and Bs that goes on here.
Hope to get a chance to spread some bs myself sometime.
By the way rifles I have are.
22-250 mauser action douglas barrel
25-06 mauser action douglas barrel
243win rem 788 boyds stock otherwise stock
25-06 marlin XL7 all stock
280ai rem savage shilen barrel
22 bolt action marlin
nothing fancy just good shooting rifles that will all put 5 shots in an inch easily.:D
again thanks for sharing
Dave

Welcome then, trapfool. That's quite a list you've got there, and if you can get them all to go <inch, then you can shoot as well! Don't expect to know where you hunt, but where is your home base? Good luck this fall!

I would go with 120 nosler partition! Others will work also. Just stay heavy and I would stay away from SST. Seems fragile. This is still the thread about 25-06 elk bullet right? Lol!!!!!
BTW I have a Savage and a Remington.... ha ha

I would go with 120 nosler partition! Others will work also. Just stay heavy and I would stay away from SST. Seems fragile. This is still the thread about 25-06 elk bullet right? Lol!!!!!
BTW I have a Savage and a Remington.... ha ha

I've never had an SST fragment out of my .270 pushing a 140 at 3000fps. Never recovered a bullet but all leave nice sized exits with instant kills. Found no shrapnel or signs of fragmentation inside a deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.