243AI with 1-9 twist which bullet

worm

Guys Im looking for hunting load/bullet for my Winchester Featherweight M70 .243AI. Will be used on med size game (pigs/Deer) my gun has 1-9 twist. Thanks

It will depend a little on what your rifle likes best. Bergers through 95 grains will work with a 1/9. The Hornady 105s will not stabilize with 1/10 but should with a 1/9.

I would try the Berger 95 gr Classic, easier to get seating depth than VLD, or 95-100 grains of controlled expansion that you trust, like acubond or ?

If you want a bullet that will hold together and still has decent BC try the Swift Scirrocco II 90 gr

That is what I am going to use in the 243AI I have planned. I shoot a 130 gr SSII in my 6.5 rem mag and performance on game is exceptional. Personally I don't like the Burger-maker splatter bullets

I would shoot a Hornady 100gr BTSP. They're cheaper than the previously mentioned bullets and they're a proven game stopper. They have a decent BC of .405 and would definitely punch their way through hogs and hold up. Sierra 100gr SBTs would also work well, they have a BC of .430 and also come in cheaper than Bergers and Swifts and they'd perform just as well as the Hornadys.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.