243 or 6mm reminton

I'd take a 6mm remington over a 243 personally because I like the cool factor of it plus I think it's a better design we cartridge than a 243.
Not much difference between a 243,6mm remington and a 6mm creedmoor.
I shoot a 6mm creedmoor and it accounted for five deer last season. I liked using it so much that I left the 25-06 in the safe and that is saying something.

given the two cartiges what are your faverate oneand what would you load in them for white tail deer.also its been told to me either with the right bullets are at most a 300 yard or under deer cartrige.your thoughts on this
Just picked up a Rem. 722 in 244 Rem. at an auction a couple of weeks ago. I owned a 6mm Rem when I lived in South Dakota years ago I killed several antelope, a couple mule deer and quite a few coyotes with this 6mm and I still had several boxes of brass but must have let my dies go with the gun. I finally found a set of dies in one of the sporting goods stores in Casper but no brass! I also got a box of Hornady 90 gr. ELD-X and Speer 85 gr. SBT bullets as the 244 has a 1 in 12 twist barrel I wasn't sure if the ELD-Xs would shoot. Well just tested these settling on 43 grs. of Alliant RL-16 for the 90 gr. ELD-X seated to 2.950" for 3264 fps. out of this rifles 26" bbl. And the Speer 85gr. with 47 grs. Win. 6.5 Stabil seated 2.825"for 3442 fps. The 90gr. ELD-x shot great 1" 3 shot 100, 2" 200, and 3" 300 yd groups only they are to long to fit in my rifles magazine so they are a single shot deal! Plan to try this out on an antelope and will probably let my Grandson shoot his first Antelope with it maybe a deer too!

Last edited: