243 Ackley Improved Sizing Die

I know the answer to this. The expanding brass is absorbing pressure peak. Flattening the pressure peak.
A flat pressure peak is VERY consistent, and dominant, as it forgives/overrides many other variables.

For example, a variance in primer striking or a few powder kernels, or neck tension, etc., means nothing to a pressure peak already flattened by 5Kpsi. The variables are simply lost in that.
Certainly seem plausible.

You have any recommendations for a fl sizing die? I fl size every time and use a mandrel for the neck. Wanting to find the best fl sizing die for this reamer. The barrel is a prefit I don't have access to the reamer.
As with the Wilson dies you can order a die from Redding if you explain to them that you will be having your gunsmith use the chamber reamer to have the die match the chamber.

Relative to a bump die specifically used to bump the shoulder back I would order from Redding and have them open up the die so it does no case body sizing.

I don't FL size my 243AI brass. I bump shoulders every 2 to 3 firings and use a neck die, but to each his own.

Sorry - missed your post that says you don't have access to the reamer.

Last edited:
You have any recommendations for a fl sizing die? I fl size every time and use a mandrel for the neck. Wanting to find the best fl sizing die for this reamer. The barrel is a prefit I don't have access to the reamer.
Redding. Just be sure to tell them that your barrel was NOT reamed with a Clymer reamer.