240 Gibbs

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by jbeckstrand, May 5, 2007.

1. jbeckstrand

jbeckstrand Active Member

Not sure if this is the correct spot for this, but I'll give it a try. Does anyone have any info on this, I'm considering it for a new project.
    Thanks
    Justin

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Its basicaly a 6mm-06 improved with the shoulder bumped forward.
    I personaly don't think that the Gibbs will offer any real benifit over the 6mm-06 Ackley improved as the regular 6mm-06 is pretty baddly overbore already. I don't think that the extra hassel of the fireforming the Gibbs case offers any real benifit in this bore diameter.

If you looking for a hot 6mm then I would go with the 6mm-06 AI , I say the Ackley version simply for the extended brass life that this desgine offers not for any performance benifits

3. louelk

louelk Member

I shoot 75 gr sierra at 3800 FPS. The prairie dogs come apart like a 3 dollar suitcase.

4. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

+1 A.I. is far better case design than a Gibbs and velocity difference would be little. ......Rich

5. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Where can I buy one of these $3 dollar suit cases ?

6. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

Seriously I can easily get 3800 FPS shooting 75gr bullets out of my 6x284 . Don't have to fire form anything .