6.5 gibbs

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by poleok, Sep 22, 2009.

1. poleok

poleok Active Member

I have just recieved a 6.5 gibbs, 25" full 1 1/4" Dougless barrel ,thumbhole target stock,55 primed cases, cheap dies, (no scope or mounts) and all that. Now what do I do with it?? I checked and the dies are "$150.00" and it's way too heavy to hunt with so ANY suggestion?? Wait I've got it---- someone else need it ---- HELP ---- gun)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  2. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

What action is it built on and what do you want for it?.......Rich

3. ogallala_1

ogallala_1 Well-Known Member

PM me with the price please.

Thanks John

4. poleok

poleok Active Member

Sorry I forgot it's on a Mauser 98 action and is almost perfect, but it's only a bench rest gun and I was looking for an elk gun. I might trade it for another 6.5 something that I can shoot offhand if needed. I do like the caliber just not the weight.gun)

5. poleok

poleok Active Member

OH HELL I screwed up the barrel is a Douglas XX Tinken 17-22-A and from what I understand the only way you get it stamped XX is if Dougless rockwells your action and does the headspace. gun)

6. poleok

poleok Active Member

OK It's gone! Thanks everybody!!gun)

7. gimp4ever

gimp4ever Member

Hi. I Have Ended up with that rifle. and would like to know if you ever shot it and how it grouped. were to get dies and reload data. any help ?? Thank you and God Bless