6.5 gibbs

poleok

I have just recieved a 6.5 gibbs, 25" full 1 1/4" Dougless barrel ,thumbhole target stock,55 primed cases, cheap dies, (no scope or mounts) and all that. Now what do I do with it?? I checked and the dies are "$150.00" and it's way too heavy to hunt with so ANY suggestion?? Wait I've got it---- someone else need it ---- HELP ---- gun)

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot it's on a Mauser 98 action and is almost perfect, but it's only a bench rest gun and I was looking for an elk gun. I might trade it for another 6.5 something that I can shoot offhand if needed. I do like the caliber just not the weight.gun)

OH HELL I screwed up the barrel is a Douglas XX Tinken 17-22-A and from what I understand the only way you get it stamped XX is if Dougless rockwells your action and does the headspace. gun)

Hi. I Have Ended up with that rifle. and would like to know if you ever shot it and how it grouped. were to get dies and reload data. any help ?? Thank you and God Bless

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.