230 gr berger 300 ultra

230grain bergers should shoot just fine out of your RUM. Check out the results when used in a 300winmag

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/berger-230-300-otm-hybrid-terminal-results-80283/

Like you, I have a 300RUM and shoot 208Amax in my rifle. I ran the ballistics and the BC of the 230 does not overtake the 208 until ~1500 and farther. As a result, I decided not to change bullets.

Ah, but run the numbers on the .696 B/C 215 Hybrid at 3150fps out of a RUM:D

Ah, but run the numbers on the .696 B/C 215 Hybrid at 3150fps out of a RUM:D

Of course a higher BC bullet running at the same velocity as a lower BC bullet would out perform the lower BC bullet. That is not the case here.

In this particular comparison, we are looking at a lower BC bullet running 5% faster than a higher BC bullet. Then only comparing wind drift numbers.

My promising load is 86 grains of retumbo running 2816 gives a 5es and put 2 in the same hole a 500 Saturday. A third shot was 1.8" out. It did crack a neck with that shot but velocity was right. Still just over .25 MOA at 500. Talk about a bullet that can buck wind! I had 3 loads with promise but this one has the least es. Now if i can replicate this WOW. Seated just touching the lands so no magizine functionality for me. This is out of a stock Rem sendero with custom trigger and muzzle break.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.