22LR Max Distance Fun

I get 10 inches metal disk at 300 yards 8 out of 10 shot with this rifle

the picatinny has a 20 MOA
the night force 3-15x50 has a NPR-1 reticle which help's for elevation
the rear ring has a bubble for canting...

Whew... My little 10-22 bull barrel won't do that but it was surprisingly accurate at 185 yards today, easily keeping them inside an 8" ring with 8 mph right rear quartering tailwind. I have the 20 MOA picatinny too but I stuck a temporarily available Huskemaw on it just to see what would happen. I was impressed.

One thing that surprised me- looking at Loadbase I noticed that there was only 1 click (.33 mil on the Huskemaw <-- which sucks imho) difference at 185 yards between a 50 yard and 100 yard zero.

canuck4570, very nice looking rig...I must admit I don't see too many like yours.

I get 10 inches metal disk at 300 yards 8 out of 10 shot with this rifle
IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

the picatinny has a 20 MOA
the night force 3-15x50 has a NPR-1 reticle which help's for elevation
the rear ring has a bubble for canting...
I have added two pics one of the ballistic chart used for 300 yard shooting taken for JBM ballistics
and one of the reticle in the scope used
you will see only 20 1 inches mark but there is actually 30 mark equally spaced 1 inches apart
plus the 20 MOA picatinny rail, all this gives you the possibility to shoot to 300 yards....
the elevation turret is in MOA also and coincide with the reticle so by looking at the ballistic chart you click in the necessary moa for the range you are shooting and your in business.... just have to figure out the wind and that is the hard part
also you will notice that I am using sub sonic amo..... more accurate than high velocity amo that goes from sonic to sub sonic
hope this help you if you are going to try long range shooting with 22lr
canuck

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a couple of thousand rounds of HV ammo :-( In the past I bought plinking ammo whenever I would catch it on sale in 500 rounds bricks. I guess I can give it to my daughter and son-in-law or one of my other kids. It's not like it's a huge expense.

What brand is a good sub-sonic round? I'll bet that info is in this thread. I need to re-read it.

Thanks for the info and that's a gorgeous rifle. Very nice setup.

the amo I found to be very accurate in my rifle and not to expensive is
Federal Gold Medal
be careful when buying there are 2 kind of Federal Gold Medal
take the one that is marked 40 grain solid # 711B
the other one is sonic
as for the compliment on the rifle she is blushing

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.