224 Allen Magnum testing finished............

Yeh, Hey! I tho't they were gonna be 185s.

BTW, what does ****!!! mean? Didja drop a loaded one, pointie end down on your toe or sumpin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also what were was the fletching colours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That things gotta be an arrow.

[ QUOTE ]
Didja drop a loaded one, pointie end down on your toe or sumpin

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you would have plenty of time to get your toe out of the way. Richard told me he dropped one and the BC was so high it took 20 min for it to hit the floor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Well all I can say is that the piggies just better stay outta the pastures and well into the woods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I will be putting a reportout here on our testing with the 195 gr ULD RBBT here soon. Maybe this evening, if I get some free time.....

To be blunt, ****!!!! stands for VERY IMPRESSED!!! and all in a 1-8 twist Lilja barrel so all you boys have the pipe to throw them!!!

Report coming soon on a new post.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby, How does the two rounds compare in case capacity, the 338 Lapua vs the 7mm Rum??

Have you had any luck using slow burning stick powders in the 270 AM or the 277?

Those .277 cal 195 ULD's sound impressive, wander how fast you can drive em, 3100 fps maybe.

Scott

Scott,

The 277 AM(338 Lapua) has about 5 grains more capacity then the 270 AM(7mm RUM). THis is not the main advantage though. Its the strength of the Lapua case that offers an increase in performance.

That said, I have designed the 277 AM and the 7mm AM so that they will get sticky extraction long before the Lapua case is pushing its limits in pressure. This is to make sure the rounds must be loaded to safe pressures in the Rem 700 receivers. Just a safety device.

Between the two, I suspect it would within 100 fps at most between the two. The 277 AM will just have longer case life at top loads.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.