.223 Load Info

scsims

Does anyone have load data for these combinations?

Bullet Sierrs 52gr HPBT Match

Powders I have: BLC-2, Benchmark and Varget.

I appreciate any information you all can provide.

Thanks,
Scott

This site has user data that can be sorted by powder, bullet weight, and mfg. It is NOT factory data and should be used only to give you an idea of what others are doing. As with any suggested load, factory or not, reduce the charge and work up.

.223 Remington @ www.reloadersnest.com

I'll just add that depending on whose brass you're using, Varget may not be the best choice. I found that with heavier cases that have less capacity (Remington), I could not get the max or near max loads to fit in the case. Varget shot well for me; and, if you're not too concerned about getting the most velocity from your load it'll do fine. But I found that with R-P cases, it was impossible to get the max load crammed in the case, or even a grain or 2 below it.

H335 is the classic powder for the .223. It's very close to BallC-2, just a tad faster. WW748 is another very, very similar ball powder that works great in the .223.

I don't have any load info for the powder you are using. However, I do have an awesome load for the 52grn bullet. Here is what I used;

1. Brass- Lupa
2. Powder- 26grns V-N133
3. Bullet- 52grn HPBT Match
4. Federal 205M Primer

This was a very very accurate load. Hope this helps.

Wildcat

.223 with Benchmark

You didn't state the type of rifle (Bolt action vs semi-auto) or barrel twist rate - these factors will influence your powder loads.

My rifle (a Cooper .223 bolt action, 1 in 14 twist 24" barrel) performs superbly with 24.5 to 25.5 grains of Benchmark, using the Sierra 52 grain Match Kings, as well as the Sierra 50 grain Blitz Kings. I know of others who use similar loads with good results in a Savage 12BVSS (1 in 9 twist barrel).

Velocities are in the 3150-3300 fps range.

I seat the bullets .015" off the lands, although that seating depth will result in a longer C.O.A.L. than listed in the reloading manuals.

The cases I have used so far are Black Hills Match headstamp (reloaded from once-fired factory ammo). I don't know who manufactures the Black Hills cases. My primers are CCI BR4.

As usual, it is advisable to start with lighter powder loads and work up, always looking for signs of excess pressure.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.