.223 Rem. load info.

cjp45

Does anyone have loads for useing 50gr. bullets in a bolt action .223? I would appreciate it if you would share them with me.

Loading for the .223 is usually pretty easy. There are several powders that work great. For 50gr bullets, my favorite powders have been Benchmark and AA2015. Other's swear by V-133. However, h335, h322, 4895 and countless others will work just fine. One of my favorite loads is 26.5 grs of Benchmark and a 50gr V-max. Good luck-Duff

I like the 50 grain v-max over 27.5 grains of Varget. This is listed max load. Groups well in my rifle.

I use 26g of Benchmark with a 50g Nosler Ballistic Tip, a wicked combo. It wistles along very nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you'll try 27.1 grains of W748 (ball powder, meters very well) I think you'll be very pleased with the accuracy... That's an OCW load recipe, and it has shot very well in virtually every .223 I've tried it in--and also in rifles belonging to others. Give it a shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dan

cjp45, I use 24.8 grn's of VV-N133, 50 grn V-MAX, Fed 205Match Primers and Lupa Brass. The velocity for this load is 3150 FPS. My 223 loves this load. My best three shot group is .107 at 100 yards. It's not a hot load, but it is very very accurate and is what I use when shooting varmints. My 223 consists of the following, Remington action trued, blueprinted to a 25" Shilen SS match barrel, 1.250 at the muzzle, Peller bedded into a H&S varmint stock and trigger job, topped with 4.5x14x50 30mm tube Leupold M1 Long Range Target. This is my 200 to 300 yard varmint rig. Try this load, I think you will like it. Let me know if it works. My friend used it in his 223, and he has seen similar results.

Good Luck, Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.