22-250 70 gr pet loads

ppoole

I just had a Krieger 1-9 28 inch barrel put on a printed 700 22-250. So far my best load to date is
32.8 imr 4166
Cci br-2
Lapua brass
70 vld

I am getting at 1/2 at 100 or slightly better, but looking to tighten my groups up. I chose this powder to cut down on copper fouling. I have many different powders available and primers just looking for any thoughts. I know that is pretty good but I want to get it just a little better. I have some 4451 which I know is for 243 and larger but found the data on hodgdon site. These new imr powders are not in Berger manual. I do have several lbs of varget laying in my shop as well. Don't blast me too much I just expect better than normal since I dropped 1000 on my set up. Dixie precision did a great job I just am new to 22-250 and am looking for an edge. Forgive me for errors it's been a long day.

37.5gr of R17 and a 69gr Tipped Match Kings shoots in the .3's high .2's if I do my part with my savage. It's boringly accurate for just a stock rifle.

Thank you I have never messed with those bullets do you seat them to the lands at regular depth? Sorry for the questions I'm always trying to learn something. I have been loading for five years and still have not touched the surface

I'm running 34gr. H380 with Sierra 69 match kings in an 8 twist 22-250. CCI br 2 and nosler brass.

Attachments

• IM000465.jpg
    IM000465.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 262
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.