215's or GM215M's ?

Everything that I have read is they are the exact same with the exception that the employees that make the 215m's have more experience than those that make the regular 215's.

There are some really smart guys here that shoot a hell of alot more than me and my guess is they will tell you they can't tell the difference between the two.

My best information comes from a respected shooter and LR rifle builder, Kirby.

If you are patient w/the search function here, you will find a post when he reported that the 215s are a bit "hotter" than the GMs. That seems to be important with slow powders over 100 grains and higher.

From that post, if I remember correctly, he uses 215s exclusively.

Learning that, I switched from the GMs to the 215s and haven't noticed much difference. However, the variables that I'm having trouble with make a larger difference than the difference in primers.

"goodgrouper" shoots a lot and has posted in the past that he could not tell any difference when he switched from the Match to the regular grade of Federal primers.

That's good to know as I am running low on the brick of match 215's I have and bought a brick of the regular 215's because that is all there was to be had (thank you Barack).

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.