Federal 215 vs. GM215M

cowboy

I can not find GM215M large rifle primers anywhere. Has anyone shot both 215 and GM215M federal primers - what did you find for differences. The 215's are just about as scarce but once in a while I can a least get my hands on a few. I did a number of searches on this so I apologize if this is an old question. It's just frustrating when you have something set up for a component that is not available.

I can not find GM215M large rifle primers anywhere. Has anyone shot both 215 and GM215M federal primers - what did you find for differences. The 215's are just about as scarce but once in a while I can a least get my hands on a few. I did a number of searches on this so I apologize if this is an old question. It's just frustrating when you have something set up for a component that is not available.

Run them. You won't see a bit of difference. I've actually shot some of my best groups with the old standards.

Lots of people will be asking themselves this over the next year. I shoot the 215 just out of availibility. My ES is usually in the 30's with all the velocity I need.

I found three or four bricks of Fed Gold Medal in both 210 and 215 at a little shop near Needmore, Pa. I bought one brick and that will do me for a year.

If you need directions to the shop just send me an email.

everyone"s buying primers by the case around these parts. i have found lower velocity spreads with regular 215s, but as far groups not to much difference.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts