Federal 215 vs. GM215M

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by cowboy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

I can not find GM215M large rifle primers anywhere. Has anyone shot both 215 and GM215M federal primers - what did you find for differences. The 215's are just about as scarce but once in a while I can a least get my hands on a few. I did a number of searches on this so I apologize if this is an old question. It's just frustrating when you have something set up for a component that is not available.

2. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Run them. You won't see a bit of difference. I've actually shot some of my best groups with the old standards.

3. Limbic

Limbic Well-Known Member

Lots of people will be asking themselves this over the next year. I shoot the 215 just out of availibility. My ES is usually in the 30's with all the velocity I need.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I found three or four bricks of Fed Gold Medal in both 210 and 215 at a little shop near Needmore, Pa. I bought one brick and that will do me for a year.

If you need directions to the shop just send me an email.

5. pjracer

pjracer Well-Known Member

everyone"s buying primers by the case around these parts. i have found lower velocity spreads with regular 215s, but as far groups not to much difference.