210 bergers in a stock Sendero II .300RUM

justgoharder

My Dad just gave me a box of the 210grn VLD's I would like to try some of them out and see if i can find a way to get them to shoot out of my mostly stock (at least as far as the chamber is concerned). I've got a couple lbs of both H1000 and retumbo available. I've also got some federal match lg rifle primers. does anyone have any experience loading this bullet with either of these powders in a stock sendero?
thanks!

88-89g of H-1000 was what I used out of my Rem 700 LSS in 300 RUM. Velocity was 3000fps and accuracy was .5-.75 MOA to 800 yards. I tried Retumbo as well and got decent results with it, but not as good as H-1000. Was using Rem brass and the regular F215 primer. Bullet was seated to touch the lands.

Just working up a load for the 210 Bergers in my Sendero as well. So far 90 gr of Retumbo is looking promissing. I will be getting some H 1000 to try tomorrow. Good luck, and look forward to hearing your results.

my load is
93 gr H1000
fed 215 primer
rem brass
col =3.61

shoots about 1/2 "
27" lilja barrel
havent chrono'd yet but my 200 accubonds where 3180fps with this load.

Just working up a load for the 210 Bergers in my Sendero as well. So far 90 gr of Retumbo is looking promissing. I will be getting some H 1000 to try tomorrow. Good luck, and look forward to hearing your results.

the issues I have been running into so far have been with the COL being very very long. I know you can put a mag extension box in, or i know that you can just make your gun a single shot (you only need one, right!). but for me I'll just go back to the accubonds if i can't get the bergers to shoot well. but since I've got the box I may as well try 'em!

I know that a bunch of guys here have stock chambered senderos, so I'm looking for guys that have found good loads with the 210's in their stock remmington's.

thanks for the help so far!!!

I got my H1000, and loaded a batch from 86gr- 91gr. I have not played with my COL yet, altough in my stock sendero it looks like I should have lots of room to go longer if I want. Made it out to the range for a quick shoot the other day to try out the H1000 loads. I only had time to shoot 1 string of 5 rds-

86gr
H1000
CCI250 primer
Rem Brass
COL= 3.60

pretty impressed with that load, I didnt chrono it, but it was 1.08"X 0.67" outside to outside, or if I did the math correctly 0.772"X 0.362" center- center @ 100yds (I pulled one of those shots, so it should have been better)

I am looking forward to trying out the rest this weekend, and hopefully can get some pics up soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.