Berger vld 210 + H1000(or?) + .300RUM =?

justgoharder

Looking for some load info using the 210's in a 300rum, i've had pretty good luck with h1000 and accubonds in my factory Rem Sendero so it would be great if i could keep using the same H1000 powder but let me know what has worked for you guys including OAL.

thanks in advance!

I use 93 gr of Retumbo with the 210 Berger fired by a 215M. Velocity around 3200 and change. This is a custom rifle with a 28" bbl.
** As always, start lower and work your way up.**

Looking for some load info using the 210's in a 300rum, i've had pretty good luck with h1000 and accubonds in my factory Rem Sendero so it would be great if i could keep using the same H1000 powder but let me know what has worked for you guys including OAL.

thanks in advance!

I have a custom 300 RUM on a Borden Timberline with a tight neck and a long throat for the Bergers and SMKs, I am shooting Nosler brass, with 94.5 grs of Retumbo (right at 100% load/powder density), getting 1/2 moa at 100-200 yds. OAL is 3.820, which is longer than the magazine box will allow, so this essentially is a single shot load, I havent tried it at the max 3.800 length the Wyatt box will allow, and I havent chronoed the load yet, h1000 is a little fast for the 200 gr and up if you are looking for max velocity. I havent even tried it yet, as all of the research i have done has told me that Retumbo is the way to go... she is smoking them with Retumbo (literally, the first target I shot with this rifle was at a public range 1 month ago, and to my chagrin it caught the layered targets and backer board on fire! at 100 yds!)

Are you shooting the 180 or 200 gr Accubonds? I assume the 200s, as you are asking about the 210 bergers... I just bought some 220 SMKs, will try these next weekend.

As always, my rifle is safe with this load, but yours may not be... be careful getting to this combo. I am sure that the really long OAL helps with pressure too, though how much is debateable.

The gunsmith I used shot her with 2 - 3 shot groups to verify accuracy before shipping her to me, 200 gr accubonds with 95.0 gr Retumbo, 1/2 moa, so I am using this one too... specially for the use out of my mag box, OAL is 3.800.

To wrap it up, I probably cant shoot much better than 1/2 MOA right now, trying to pay for my eyeball upgrade - 40 year old eyes.

gl!

EZ

thanks in advance!
i use 89 of retumbo behind 210 vlds

H1000 is a good combo with the 210 Berger. You are going to give up about 100fps to Retumbo but I have to give the accuracy edge to H1000 in the 300RUM's I reload for. Getting about 3050fps in factory tubes.

I use H1000 at 89.5 grains behind the 210vld. I use Nosler Custom brass and Fed 215GM Mag primers. If memory serves me right I am 3.775" on COAL touching the rifling. I run a 27" lilja and velocity is 3100fps with low ES and very, very good accuracy. I have thought about trying Retumbo (and I have some in the cabinet) but most people say the ES and accuracy aren't as good. Maybe in a couple of months after the hunts are done I'll work up a load and see what I get:D

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts