2018 Tikka ?

Ought6

I was just browsing and noticed on Tikka's website that they are giving a "countdown" to something new in about 30 days . I'm assuming that is when the SHOT show is ? Anybody have a clue what it might be they are about to release ?

I just wondering when they're going to offer their full line of products to Americans.
I think that is up to Beretta, not Tikka, as they are the US importers. I agree though, Beretta does limit the selection of offerings we can choose from and it is unfortunate.

338 Lapua long range?
Depending on price I would likely be in for one of these. A 338 LAI is likely my next project and a Tikka 338 LLR would be awesome. I love the smoothness of the Tikka action and this would likely be cheaper than the custom I am currently pricing out.

I would think that the current Tikka T3 action is a little short/small to accept a Lapua size cartridge? New action on the way perhaps?

The Tikka T3 is too short/small but the Sako TRG 42 apparently fits as it is offered in a 338 Lapua. I guess I'm hoping that they will put out a Tikka with this action thus hopefully making it a more affordable package. The TRG 42 338L starts at $3700 on Gunbroker. For me, that is to much as I will then have to "customize" it some. I priced a 338 LAI, building one off an anticipated release of the Gunwerks Lapua sized action, and have a ballpark of $3000 before glass and dies.

Last edited:
Tikka has one size of action to keep production cheap...id be shocked if they changed action size. But we all have hopes and dreams

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts