2015 f-150 wow

This is an extremely biased thread. I just want to say to the guys that believe this...go read the EcoBoost forums. They ate not reliable. In the real world they do not get good fuel economy. The only thing they are good at is producing power with a tune. If that tune isn't perfect the motor blows.

Yes from base to ogive

Mine mskes great power on the factory tune, lifetime average of 14.7 mpg with 34" tires and lots of towing, anywhere from a few thousand lbs up to 10k. So far I've put one battery, one ball joint, and one set of brake pads on it in 5 years of every day construction work.

If something happened to it, I'd go buy another without blinking an eye.

This thread was not biased I shared my experience so how could it be. I know the forums well and if you look at even the 5.0 and 5.3 Chevy thread you would swear they are all junk. My family owns several that are high mileage now and none have had issues. One common thing change the oil when you should and use decent oil to help with fuel dilution. How would you be able to almost double the hp of the engine and it last 200,000 if it wasn't good? A lot had to do with how you maintain it.
Mileage is like most stated the 3.5 has so much trq why have 3.55. I have a 3:31 and can still pull anything I need. That being said it's eco or boost not both doesn't matter what I pull it gets 12.5-10 depending on speed.
Yes tune is key lots of bad timers that only do a/f ration and the ecoboost has many run profiles. That's why I choose Livernois. They ya e been in the game a long time and have not lost a motor in over 8 years. I ha e 3 tunes by them from mild to wild and all have extended mileage. I've been very happy and will be purchasing another 3.5 for my next truck. 3:31 and a ten speed should do nice.

Check you sound like a Chevy guy lol. I've heard it all. Yes some had issues some did not the issues get magnified by the internet. Mainly from those who have not owned one. Same with the aluminum body. Gm did an awful lot of advertising saying bad things about both. No they have a partial aluminum bed and a turbo 4 cylinder in a half ton. I'm old enough to remeber when they kept say only a v8 and steel would do. Like I said if any of mine let me down I'll be the first to find something else but I've had great luck and if I can share it with other to help ease the doubt I will.

Last edited:
Mine mskes great power on the factory tune, lifetime average of 14.7 mpg with 34" tires and lots of towing, anywhere from a few thousand lbs up to 10k. So far I've put one battery, one ball joint, and one set of brake pads on it in 5 years of every day construction work.

If something happened to it, I'd go buy another without blinking an eye.

That's pretty good mileage with that setup. I've got 285's on mine and I
18.8 from the factory at 75 mph. I travel for work and I drive 14hrs at a time. So I get a good grasp of mileage. After my tune I got 23mpg which I was amazed. It felt like a sports car it's much faster than my focus RS and my friends Shelby gt350 in the 1/4.
Then I went and put on cooper sst pros. 285's and my mileage went down to 18 on the highway. Bad choice for someone who travels. I felt dumb as they gave me a 93 toe tune and i never ran it while towing till after 80,000. Just ran stock tune. Then I tried it same trip same trailer and gained 2mpg while towing still sucks but was impressed.

Rich I like that idea. My wife wants a 50's truck and I'm either gonna do the 3.5 ecoboost or 4bt Cummings in it. I also have a new 2.3 ecoboost full motor just needs covers and ecu. I was making 389awd who with it running 93 and meth in my rs. Had tons of trq. Only 5,800 miles on it. Then I went big turbos and long block.
Co hunt I didn't use a package. I put the package together myself. I called for a tune the day I bought it and they had not had a 15 in yet so I drove straight down and dropped it off. When I asked why we were on week two they said they were fitting parts to make sure packages would work. I know they told me that but assumed it would all transfer. They needed to make new downpipes. So I had them leave anything they tried on.
I've got tune, colder tstat, colder plugs, down pipes, intake, exhaust and alky meth injection and of course tune. Been done since about 360 miles on the truck and running strong. Most issues are from fuel dilution because of it being boosted and DI. So low grade oils like most use at cheap oil change or I feel even ford oil it doesn't hold up to fuel dilution like amsoil or Mobil one. That leads to the timing chain issue they had on the first run of them. That's why you saw them go back from 5w20 to 5w30 so when it dilutes it's still at a decent viscosity. Now that I know how this build held up I will be pushing it a bit harder on the next truck.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.