2012 Tac 15 has a different scope

I'm new to this site and new crossbows. I received a tac 15i as a Christmas gift. I will have to say that most of the info I have been able to gather on the bow has come from this site. I noticed that when sorting through the packages, there was a Hawke 2 X 7 X 32 AO IR Crossbow Scope box with a tag on the end that said "XBOW, SCOPE, Accushot, 3-12X44". I asked the dealer about this and he said he would take it up with the rep. Haven't heard from him yet. Looks to me like they clipped my wife for $ 40 and I end up with an inferior quality scope. Also had problems with the bolts. Fletching came off all 3 after 6 shots. Dealer is making them good. But, I had a 1 1/2 inch group of 3 at 50 yards! Thanks for this great site.

Hi WuryMurray,
For the record a Hawke Scope is not an inferior scope to a UTG Leapers Scope. Hawke is a Germany Scope manufacturer that is very well known and respected throughout the world. Their optics do not sit in a similar class to Swarski or Zeiss or Leupold, but they are head and shoulders above Leapers.

I believe the concern you have may be related to the drop in magnification power? If this is the case you can easily pick up a Leapers variable power scope for under a hundred dollars. I've never had to increase my magnification beyond 8X at distances slightly over a hundred yards. This was for target shooting at a 1" florescent dot. For hunting I never use anything accept the 3X setting.

The Hawke Scopes have better optical sharpness from what I can tell.

Welcome aboard, I hope this helps somewhat with your concerns?

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.