TAC 15 scope adjustment

az69ner

I mounted the accushot that came with my tac and I ran out of windage adjustment to the right. I cant even get it right far enough to sight in at 20 yrds. Any ideas?

By any chance are you using an HHA Optimizer Speed Dial on your TAC15?

If you are, I had the same problem with mine and I found out that most of the time it's related to a problem with the HHA Optimizer Mounting Bracket.

There is an older style bracket that does not follow the Weaver Style or Picannini rail on the top of the TAC15 uniformly. In almost all cases it causes the problem of running out of windage adjustment at 20 yards during initial sight-in since that's the first distance the directions are asking you to zero in at. It doesn't matter when you bought the HHA Optimizer because you would have no way of knowing how long it sat on the sellers shelves before you purchased it, so the best way to tell if it's the older style bracket is by turning the HHA Optimizer Bracket upside down so you can see the bottom of it. On the side, where the two bracket tightening screws are located, if you look between the housing and the clamp portion, if you can see two set screws, then it's definitely the old style bracket. Contact the manufacturer and inform them of the problem you are having and what type of crossbow you are mounting the Optimizer on. They have been absolutely outstanding at replacing the brackets with the new ones and they respond very quickly.

The way you can tell if your problem is related to the Optimizer is by simply removing your scope from the HHA Optimizer and then mounting it directly on the Crossbows Mounting Rail. You should then be able to zero your scope in and re-center your windage at 20 yards.

If you are not using an HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, then I would suggest you remove your scope mounts and recheck how you have them attached to your Weaver Rail System to insure the scope mounts are aligning correctly.

Regards,

Jon

I had the same issue with mine using the scope PSE sells. I spent a bunch of time and effort trying to get it to work. The dealer then tried several things to no avail and finally sent it back to PSE . Not sure what they did but it now works fine. I would send it in

az69ner,
When I gave you the previous information I was assuming that you've gone through the step by step initial set up and tuning exercises. Specifically the set up and paper tuning exercises.

Unless you have made sure that the TAC15 Whisker Biscuit is in perfect alignment with the nocking point on your crossbows string you would have no way of knowing
if your center shot is perfectly straight and your problem could very likely be that your scope is following the crossbows rail, but your arrows are not in alignment with the frames center line. This could also cause exactly the same type of problem that you've described, so please make sure you did not bypass the manufactures set up and tuning instructions.

Also I would strongly suggest that you take the time to level and square the bow to the frame and the scopes horizontal crosshair. This means that you should use a level across your bows limbs and then make sure that when you look through your scope your horizontal crosshair is in perfect level with your bowstring. If these two things are not in perfect level with one another, the difference will also cause a windage problem. The longer the shot, the worse the problem will become.

Regards,

Jon

I am not using the optimizer. I have not had the center shot checked. I think I'm gonna take it back off switch rings front to rear 1st. Then If that does not work I will have to get center shot checked. Thanks for the ideas guys.....:)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.