2011 Long Range Shoots, Townsend Montana

Gloom, despair and agony on me!

Gonna be a beautiful day, great people and an enjoyable time . . . and I'm stuck in (happily though) in Utah.:D

Be warned. . . you'll see me and my stuff next year. Whoo Hooogun).........
..................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................lightbulb

OK, how does this look Broz! I think I can screw it to a couple of marker stakes at each leg and he'll stay up. Still working on a rifle, we repatriated a 30-338 win. and I'll bring that and the old 270 WSM, I was going to try to through in an old school LR rig, a Shiloh 45-70 or a 40-77 paper patch, and burn some Swiss :D

009.jpg

Oh man that looks like a heck of a good time! Is that made of cardboard? I might have to make up a few of those for the July shoot. The closer to hunting season we get we should try to have more critter targets out there.

Rhion, That looks awesome!! So are we going to do the colored bullets thing to identify each shooters hit? Do I need to get markers? I am stoked this is going to be fun!!

Also we have iron stands that we can stick two verticle 2x4's in ans staple or screw him to that if you want.

Thanks

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Ya, I think we color one bullet from each shooter for as many colors that will work, then you use your gear to range it, dope it and send it! If there are a bunch of shooters we can tape it and re color and go in relays. I have color sharpies so we're GTG :D

Elk Chaser, it's about 3/8ths cardboard should work great, we'll see gun)

Sweet! I hope to ave some Gen2 300 gr bergers with an upped powder charge to send. The perfect antelope round..:D

My buddy with the 7mm-300 is coming to. Should be a great day of Long Range shooting.

Jeff

I hate to admit it but I'd really like to take a look at that 7mm-300, I just acquired a 7mm RUM barrel and have some 200gr Wildcats coming sometime, way over kill but that 7mm-300 looks about and ideal 7mm. I'm finding I have a reamer buying addiction :D

BnG as of last night he is coming , bar no ranch issues that keep him away. I will get you hooked up for a test drive. I think the 7-300 Win Mag is the perfect balance between sace and bulletfor the 7mm. I have a new reamer to my specs at Daves. He is doing a rifle for me now. I am very anxiuos to see how it comes out as I set it up for the 180 Berger to have the top of the BT at the bottom of the neck when on the lands. If you like this design you could have P T G grind one like it or use this one when I get it back.

Jeff

Jeff, could you bring something to hold the goat, I can't find any of the marker stakes. The weather is decent this morning hopefully it's a good day :D

Great shoot guys, Thanks for coming.

Jeff gun)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.