2011 Long Range Shoots, Townsend Montana

BnG, please share what you see with me as soon as you get it tested. I would love to hear what really happens with this.

Tell Anne hi for us and if she still has Michelles number she should give her a call. :)

Jeff

I'll report for sure!!! I'll let Anne know in the morning you all said hi, if I say anything now she won't go to sleep for another half hour :rolleyes: She loves to play that she's texting all her friends with my old phones, if she finds Michelles number I'll have her call.

Bummer guys, but I'm not going to be able to make it out for my first LR shoot. :( Looks like the weather is going to be great, too. Those new targets look too purrty, you guys definitely need to remove some paint from them this weekend. :)

See you for the June shoot for sure!

--Ben

Sad to say I'll be missing this one also. It's that time of year when you've gotta work when you can. Hopefully I'll get to one of the shoots this summer but things are looking real busy for the next 3 months. I'll be following you guys and hope to see you in June. Montana summers are so short and so busy :rolleyes:

Good job on the swinging steel Jeff :)

Jeff did an awesome job again! We had tons of fun and my bad news lapua shot great today at the 1000yd
SAM_0097.jpg

SAM_0112.jpg

nitrousmudbogger, Thanks for makin the trip again. And great shooting with your Lapua. With the terrific mirage and a wind constantly changing from 5 to 15 mph that group is steller.

Glad you guys had fun.

Thanks
Jeff gun)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff did an awesome job again! We had tons of fun and my bad news lapua shot great today at the 1000yd
SAM_0097.jpg

SAM_0112.jpg

That looks like 5 dead elk to me :)

I was working up in Wilsall today and the wind was blowing and gusting. If you guys had anywhere near that wind, that was some real good shooting!

Hope to catch the next go round.

I was wor

Any of you locals going to the Potomac shoot this Sat? It looks like I will have room for one in my daughters' car for the trip . I would rather take my pickup, but with diesel at 4.15, it would be a $50 bill to make the trip :( The Honda wil do it for half that, but I can only ride two. Let me know if you are interested.

The June shoot is this coming Saturday ( 11 th ) starting at 10:00 am. Weather looks great so far! Hope all that have been coming can make it and some new shooters too.

I plan to keep working with my .338 LM and the Gen 2 Bergers. Anyone coming that could bring a good reliable chronograph? I would like to get some solid velocities on the loads and don't trust what I have.

Also if you have any new ideas for some different targets let me know and I will see what I can do.

BnG, ya comin? When we doin the deer shoot?

Thanks all!

Jeff

The June shoot is this coming Saturday ( 11 th ) starting at 10:00 am. Weather looks great so far! Hope all that have been coming can make it and some new shooters too.

I plan to keep working with my .338 LM and the Gen 2 Bergers. Anyone coming that could bring a good reliable chronograph? I would like to get some solid velocities on the loads and don't trust what I have.

Also if you have any new ideas for some different targets let me know and I will see what I can do.

BnG, ya comin? When we doin the deer shoot?

Thanks all!

Jeff

I'm planning on coming. Won't have a ton of rounds to shoot (20 or so.....not sure how many rounds you guys typically shoot at these gatherings), but I want to just come meet some of you all too. So, I'll get a little bit of shooting done....hopefully enough to get data to send in to Huskemaw.....and put some faces to names.

Jeff, I can bring my Shooting Chrony F-1. It's nothing fancy, but it gets the job done and it'll be another option for you if nobody else brings a chrono.

--Ben

By the way, are there directions, or an address I can use to find the range on Saturday?

Thanks, looking forward to it!

--Ben

By the way, are there directions, or an address I can use to find the range on Saturday?

Thanks, looking forward to it!

--Ben

Hi Ben, Glad you are coming! Just take I 90 west to the 3 forks exit and up hwy #287 to Townsend. Go right through town till you cross the river and then take the next left (Indian Creek) Come on up Indian Creek about ( and this is a guess) 3 miles and look for a quansit hut up on the hill to your right. There will be a red flag flying at the gate by the road to and signs for the range.

See ya Sat.

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW, it's been a month all ready :rolleyes: it's been a fast one here with deaths and marriages!
I'm thinking I'll try and make it this time, I have a coyote made up and can get an antelope made, I'll check back in when I get things nailed down a little more. Got some interesting rifle options that I was thinking about :D

Hey Ben, Thanks for the Chrony offer, but I have two of them I place in line together. I feel mine run from 20 to 30 fps on the fast side so I wanted to compare data with a different brand chronograph. But I appreciate you offering. Thanks!

BnG, glad you are trying to make it. Bring up your new projects , I would like to see them.

We have decided to have a little free lunch for this shoot. My wife says we have plenty of Elk in the freezer so we will bring a grill and burgers. Bring along a chair, and your beverage of choice (no acohol please) and we will supply the 803 yard Burgers :D and chips. Everyone is welcome to come.

Jeff

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts