2011 Long Range Shoots, Townsend Montana

Next shoot is this Saturday the 9th. Who is coming? Are we going to do the life size game targets again? Any other ideas? How about sarting at 9 am to beat a little heat?

Jeff

Next shoot is this Saturday the 9th. Who is coming? Are we going to do the life size game targets again? Any other ideas? How about sarting at 9 am to beat a little heat?

Jeff
I'm out this month, family obligations this Saturday. I'll look forward to pics and reports though, especially if you guys to the life size game targets again!

--Ben

Thanks Ben, Maybe see ya in Aug.

If Rhian can make this one I want to get a coyote or elk to go with his antelope. If we have enough guys coming.

Jeff

Sorry Jeff, I'm out on this one. I'm getting my butt handed to me at work, apparently when you put your haying equipment away broken it doesn't fix it's self over the winter and is still broken two days before you want to hay, go figure :rolleyes:Problem is these guy around hear seem to blame me for there in ability to plan ahead, getting my butt chewed for something breaking when I wasn't the one driving is getting real old, and it's only week one and I'm about over it, people have gotten so stupid and rude, and the cell phone hasn't helped this!!

I'm loaded and ready, my wife wanted to shoot too so I was going to bring the whole gang, hopefully next time!

BnG, Sorry to hear this , but understand work comes first. Don't let the poor operators get ya down. We will hope you and the family can come next month.

NMB, come on over and bring the wife too. Sounds great.

Guys I am going to start a bit early this time, so if you want come at 9:00 am. If not 10:00 is ok too. Weather looks good, 83 and sunny.

Jeff

I had hoped to make it this weekend but also have to work. I did just pick up my rifle yesterday from the smith with the new Painkiller attached. So hopefully I can get out and send a couple on Sunday. I am really looking forward to shooting it with out getting punished.

Steve

Hey Jeff, I assume we are on for next Sat.? I was up there today with a friend. Never got the e-mails I was supposed to from the range and didn't know it was closed! Major ticked off! I can see that is the weak link there, no ability to have more than one event at a time on that big area. Guess I will have to make up for it next week.

Hey Jeff, I assume we are on for next Sat.? I was up there today with a friend. Never got the e-mails I was supposed to from the range and didn't know it was closed! Major ticked off! I can see that is the weak link there, no ability to have more than one event at a time on that big area. Guess I will have to make up for it next week.

Yeah, I got the e-mail a week or so ago announcing the grand opening of the two new archey ranges there today. It can get busy there, that is why we schedule. With a rifle range, pistol range, sporting cays, and now two archery ranges plus the practice range we have to coordinate. But that is what makes our little club kinda cool too, lots of shooting events

Yes, we are on for this Saturday for another Long Range shoot. This will be the last one for this year. I hope to have time this week to do up some special targets, but I have a full week so we will have to see.

Jeff

I have a cardboard deer target I'm planning on bringing with me and maybe some frozen watermelons for the 1000 yard line. Any suggestions for some fun targets for the last shoot of the year? I guess I ought to make sure that's ok before I plan on too much. Some more antelope targets would be great since I'm planning on a 1000+ yard antelope this season:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.