20 MOA scope mount for Savage LRH

No more difficult than any other rings. Need to clean the ring surfaces good with alcohol, wipe down the plastic scope inserts and scope body too. I always take some powdered rosin and dust it on the ring surfaces and scope body where the rings lay. It gives tremendous grip. Since I've started doing that I have never had a scope shift in any rings.

Don't necessary need to get a rail to use the Burris Signature rings. You can get a set of two piece bases like these.
Burris 2-Piece Xtreme Tactical Scope Base Picatinny-Style Savage 10

The Signature rings only come medium height and larger. I use the mediums with bases like the above with 50mm scopes and they are perfect.

What might determine whether you need a rail or not is the length of the action (short or long) and the length of your scope. Sometimes with a long action and a relatively short scope it can be hard to get the correct eye relief. A rail tends to solve that.

The Signature rings can also help with another problem. If the receiver holes don't line up well with the barrel, the scope will point to one side. This is usually corrected with the windage adjustment on the scope.But if the offset is significant. It may only be corrected with the offset Signature inserts. A set of bases with windage adjustment fix this also. Leupold make some. Just don't see them used as much in long range stuff since they don't offer the MOA rise.

Talley used to make lightweight rings with MOA rise. I have a set. But I just looked on the net and don't seem to be able to find them anymore....

I agree! However, I like the flexibility from the full rail as you noted, in addition to what you already mentioned, I like the ability center/position the rings on the scope as evenly as possible.

SWFA%205-25x50%20SS%20HDFPP%201%20of%203_zpswv5nivdn.jpg

0923142120_zpsf0e374ee.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/wcRAX5OLtJE[/ame]

The EGW HD and Burris Signature Zee rings/XTR with inserts is quite the combination.

Last edited:
on my bolt action hunting rifles I like to keep the centerline of the scope and the bore of the rifle as close as possible. tried a 20 MOA rail and didn't like it. Kind of depends on the size of the objective how close you can mount it.

I went with the old timey 2 piece leupold dovetail mounts. I do recommend using alignment bars and lapping the rings after installation. These rings have been working for decades.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.