Scope Mount with 40 moa

willie16wild

I was seeing who has all used 40 moa on to there rife with using rails and scope mounts. If you can let me know what scope you have, what rail with what moa, and what scope mount with what moa.

I have a Burris Scope XTR ii 5-25x50. I am want to get American Defense AD-RECON-S 40 moa scope mount for it. I am sure this mount will work. I also looking at there AD-RECON-SL 30 moa mount.

I have 2 guns with scopes or mounts on them for now. Pictures of the guns are down below. One is remington 700 5R gen 2 6.5 creedmoor and the other is a AR10 Christensen Arms CA10-DMR 6.5 creedmoor with like a 15" rail/hand guard.

At the moment I can't afford another scope, but these two mounts have levers. So i would be able to switch the scope from gun to gun real easy. I would like to stay as low as possible. Thats why i have thought about going with that 30 moa mount but it is really low and I worry about the scope objective side will hit the rail on the ar10.

I am pretty sure the 40 moa mount will work on both guns but i also want to be low as possible. So does anyone think lower 30 moa will work?

Attachments

• 85201_Model-700-5R-Gen-2-Threaded_Right_Side.jpg
    85201_Model-700-5R-Gen-2-Threaded_Right_Side.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 171
  • christensen_arms_ca10_ar15_semiauto_rifle_1426693_5.jpg
    christensen_arms_ca10_ar15_semiauto_rifle_1426693_5.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 144
I don't think it will work very well at all. You will need high or super high rings for the ar and medium or low rings for 700. 40 Moa will make it closer to the barrel, because the scope is canted forward more. Unless you're planning on shooting a mile, why do u want a 40moa? A 20moa with that Burris scope will get you past 1k with the 700.
I have a 700 milspec with a 30mm mark 4 on it, 20moa rail and mark 4 medium rings(84mm height), it could be canted a little more, but I'm thinking with a 40moa rail I would have to remove the sunshade.

Agreed. A standard 20 MOA rail such as NF unimount, AD mount, Larue, etc will do everything you need to do on those rifles. 40 MOA is a little much for the creed. You will run way out of the effective range of that cartridge before you run out of scope adjustment with that glass running a 20 MOA mount. With 20 MOA rail and the creed running around 26 moa give or take to hit 1k with a 100 yd zero you should still have another 35-37 moa after 1K until you get close to top end adjustment. That should be enough to get you to around 1680 yds or so with just internal adjustment. Not to mention that coupled with using reticle once you hit max adjustment. There is only a few scopes with internal adjustment capable enough to zero at ranges such as 100 yds with 40 moa of cant or more. Despite the posted internal adjustment ranges they advertise with these scopes many of them do fall short of that. Once you get that close to max adjustment in a scope you see weird things happening internally with things such as windage adjustment. I have seen at max travel of scopes that the windage would not even move.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.