2 VA LRHers in eastern WY

Shane, thank you for the feedback on the PRLF10. As another point of comparison, do you happen to know the beam divergence of the Swaro?

Congrats on youre trips guys.... I'll make it out there someday....I hope

Thanks. You just have to do it. One day Oliver came to me and said "wanna put in for antelope tags in Wyoming?" and so the odyssey began. Trip cost me ~$1500 including tags

Can't beat that with a stick....

I'll be tied up at the new Cabin for a few years before I decide to break away and hunt somewhere else.

Shane, thank you for the feedback on the PRLF10. As another point of comparison, do you happen to know the beam divergence of the Swaro?

Hey Matt,

Good to meet you guys too, maybe we can get er done again sometime.

I don't recall exactly, but seems I remember reading that it was quite a bit bigger than the Leica. Also read that it will range further than the Leica, but the large beam was how it accomplished that.? Last year, if I remember correctly, it was ranging further than my Leica 1200. Didn't compare it with the Leica 1600 though.

7mmSendaro and I had some overshoots on doe antelope last year using both the Swarovski and the Leica 1200, beam divergence is all that I can make sense of for the misses. They would both give the same range, but perhaps the range was 20-50 yds further than the actual antelope were.? Maybe even the tall yellow prarie grass is more reflective than the antelope themselves are and when the beam is going "outside" the antelope on flat ground, it's bouncing back off the grass that's beyond them. Can't prove it of course, but the more I play with and test these rangefinders, the more sense it makes that we often overshoot the actual animal.

EDIT: I just read on 6BR that the Swaro divergence is 2mil X 2mil. More vertical but less horizontal than the Leica 1600.

Last edited:
Hey Matt,

Good to meet you guys too, maybe we can get er done again sometime.

I don't recall exactly, but seems I remember reading that it was quite a bit bigger than the Leica. Also read that it will range further than the Leica, but the large beam was how it accomplished that.? Last year, if I remember correctly, it was ranging further than my Leica 1200. Didn't compare it with the Leica 1600 though.

7mmSendaro and I had some overshoots on doe antelope last year using both the Swarovski and the Leica 1200, beam divergence is all that I can make sense of for the misses. They would both give the same range, but perhaps the range was 20-50 yds further than the actual antelope were.? Maybe even the tall yellow prarie grass is more reflective than the antelope themselves are and when the beam is going "outside" the antelope on flat ground, it's bouncing back off the grass that's beyond them. Can't prove it of course, but the more I play with and test these rangefinders, the more sense it makes that we often overshoot the actual animal.

EDIT: I just read on 6BR that the Swaro divergence is 2mil X 2mil. More vertical but less horizontal than the Leica 1600.

Shane:
Was out traveling on business when I posted my beam divergence question. Just re-read the article you found on 6br about rangefinders. You are correct that beam divergence on the Swaro is 2mil x 2mil. I think I feel the thousands of dollars leaking out of my pocket for a PRLF10...

Shane:
Was out traveling on business when I posted my beam divergence question. Just re-read the article you found on 6br about rangefinders. You are correct that beam divergence on the Swaro is 2mil x 2mil. I think I feel the thousands of dollars leaking out of my pocket for a PRLF10...

Based on the testing Shane and I did on mine, you won't be disappointed!:D

Thanks Trebark. Had not heard of it. Checked it out. Good thing I don't have to have one. I would have to quit hunting before paying those prices. If the hype is accurate it should be a great piece of gear though.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.