Dirtbags steal deer head in Wy.

similar to this, I had a friend many years ago that had someone steal his bull elk head from his kill, while he and couple others were packing meat back to camp. My friend actually drove around to other camps in the area and located his bull head and since no one was around that camp, he took it back.

Thieves never cease to amaze me of what they'll steal and from where they'll steal it.

I was on the hoback at the same time. Promise it wasn't me! I almost cried on day 2 of the hunt when I watched the buck I'd been chasing walk into a basin with 2 other hunters. I can't even imagine someone stealing it from my camp though.

Last edited:
I told muddy story already.
In 1986 we had a nice buck stolen out of camp in Wyoming. I caped it out for buddy and salted. Had law involved. The ranch owner got their plate number. They went truck owners house. No salt in truck. His buddy headed back to Ca. They alerted taxidermy shops in area. Never found . I gave the Highway patrol a poloroid photo of the buck.
How could anybody steal a dear head/rack and tell everyone they shot it and live with yourself...? I don't get it. I hope they got Fish and Game and law inforcement involved. Pretty sure they he would have but don't want advertised .

I can't imagine stealing someone else's trophy. Fake bragging rights and chances taken really don't seem worth it to me, not to mention what you are doing to someone. What a world we are living in. Sorry for the guy that had all the money, time and effort in a lost trophy. I know there's more to hunting than a trophy and those folks have great memories, but what a bummer!