2-stage triggers?

I'm so used to single stage benchrest triggers I went all-in on the TT Diamond single stage AR triggers when they came out. I have some rifles I can't even think too hard about without them going off, so for me the overall habit of no finger on the trigger at all is more important than any benefit to a 2-stage.

If your lightest trigger is 3.5# then I think you should try a two-stage with as light a second stage as you can get, or a single stage set as close to 1# as possible, just to get a feel for them. Going lighter made a bigger difference in my shooting that I would think a change between single and double stage would. I don't go walking around the ranch in the dark with that light a trigger in a loaded rifle, but if I can set up on a tripod or in a stand it's fantastic to get that good of a feeling on shots.

Two super-nitpicky points that are fully my opinion: I like curved bow triggers and cartridge triggers. I do have a Geissele SSA-E and prefer the drop in cartridges, and I have one flat bow and prefer curved. I change out grips to line my finger up and IMO the bow makes for a more consistent placement, and it's probably all in my mind but a sealed trigger seems easier to take care of. This coming from someone who generally cleans out a lower with a can of brake cleaner. So about a wood nickel worth of adice there 🤣

Last edited:
I'm so used to single stage benchrest triggers I went all-in on the TT Diamond single stage AR triggers when they came out. I have some rifles I can't even think too hard about without them going off, so for me the overall habit of no finger on the trigger at all is more important than any benefit to a 2-stage.

If your lightest trigger is 3.5# then I think you should try a two-stage with as light a second stage as you can get, or a single stage set as close to 1# as possible, just to get a feel for them. Going lighter made a bigger difference in my shooting that I would think a change between single and double stage would. I don't go walking around the ranch in the dark with that light a trigger in a loaded rifle, but if I can set up on a tripod or in a stand it's fantastic to get that good of a feeling on shots.

Two super-nitpicky points that are fully my opinion: I like curved bow triggers and cartridge triggers. I do have a Geissele SSA-E and prefer the drop in cartridges, and I have one flat bow and prefer curved. I change out grips to line my finger up and IMO the bow makes for a more consistent placement, and it's probably all in my mind but a sealed trigger seems easier to take care of. This coming from someone who generally cleans out a lower with a can of brake cleaner. So about a wood nickel worth of adice there 🤣
I'll take that Indian nickel!

I have a Larue MBT 2s according to Larue it has a 2.5lb take up, and a 2lb break, which would total 4.5lb. However my trigger pull gauge stops at 2.5lb every time. you have a little bit of light take up, it stops, keep on pulling an its just gone. no hitch or kink. if you pull slow you can definitely feel the wall. but if you just pull straight through it just feels like a bit longer than normal pull and its gone. and the reset is as the wall, not the full pull, so its essentially a 1 stage trigger, similar to a glock, once you start shooting. although its much better than a Glock trigger.

Last edited: