2 more 338 lapua improved ??s

Hankster76

Like I said in my other post I want to rebarreling my Rem 700 MLR 338 lap with a 31" stainless Brux barrel I just ordered. I want to go to the 338 Lap Imp...

?#1) Will the MLR hold up to the improved version?

?#2) I know we have some great smiths on this site... Who would be good one to build this or which ones have time for the build? I have time it is going to be 6-8 weeks for the barrel to arrive.

loaded to the same pressure, the bolt thrust is the exact same. Personally I dont think that its worth reaming or rebarrelling for and extra 100fps. burn out the originall (if its a good shooter) and then rebarrel to the Lap. Imp.

I agree I'm not going to get in a mad rush to swap the barrel I have only shot 4 shots thru the factory barrel so I'm going to play with it for a little while

Your MLR won't have any trouble with an improved version. I'd be glad to work with you on this project. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail, pm or give me a call. I'm Kevin Cram of Montour County Rifles. I'm sure you can find plenty of references from here to see the work I do.

Thanks

I think you'll gain over 100 fps, mine shoots pretty quick. 300's over 3000 fps with a 32" barrel, which should be comparable to your 31".

I think you can gain over 100 fps. I got the bergers going easy at 2900 with H1000 and got the 300 sierra going 3100 with us 869 and no pressure. Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.