2 bucks taken in dakotas

tjonh2001

here are a couple pictures of my deer season. i went out on the openner this friday. i was able to find 2 bucks that i think are shooters.
i am holding my fathers deer for him. he has a fused ancle and has a hard time on this type of ground.
Dads Deer
200820Deer200071.jpg

hunting004.jpg

heres is the picture of my Buck. i actually pass him up twice, because i wanted a 170 this yeat and you cant get a 170 if you shoot a 150 or 160.

my father and brother in law were able to convince me to harvest him. when i was able to find hime again he was fighting with another buck that was about the same size. i was able to watch them fight for about 4 minutes. when they finished fighting he started to run off the other buck. he gave me a 298yard shot. you can see the results.he has a main frame 4x4 with 3 stickers and a split drop tine.... thanks for looking
hunting009.jpg

hunting008.jpg

hunting007-1.jpg

hunting006.jpg

Last edited:
Both bucks were shot with guns built by nate from ssg. My dad shot his using my 6.5x284 sooting 130 accubonds at 3050. My buck was shot with the rifle in the picture. Ts a 7mmwsm shooting 180 bergers at 3000 fps.

Thanks for looking

Real Nice Bucks! You guys really had a good time!.

2dre26r.jpg

2gtxnq1.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.