2011 Manitoba Bucks

BEEMAN

Two Bucks I shot Last Tuesday. Not long range at 30 yards but thats hunting in heavy cover. IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

holy crap Beeman, give me directions to your lease.

You got a vampire or somthing running around up there, I'll load up some silver bullets.:D

Nice bucks.

Not a lease. We are fortunate to know some good people who let us hunt their land. Leases are very rare in my part of Manitoba. As far as the Vampire goes it just wasn't a good shot. Buck was trotting at 30 yards in heavy cover and that's were I hit him. I think I may of had a deflection off a tree or branch. But like I said maybe I just can't shoot! First time trying the 140 Grain Bergers out of my 7mm WSM. Seem to work but on the larger buck I only got a tiny exit wound. He only hobbled about 15 yards and piled up. I probably should try a different bullet at those close ranges. Off to Saskatchewan for a week and I'll hopefully see what the 115 grain Bergers do out of my 25-06 AI.

well if your going to have a bad shot that is a darn good place for it to go considering the alternatives.

Good luck in Saskatchewan let us know how you do.

One of those bucks in a lifetime would satisfy me! Wel,l maybe exceed my expectations, I'm rarely satisfied. Nice pictures.

Thanks guys. I have been very fortunate. Set up a new stand location last year. Harvested two out of that stand last year that both grossed right at 160". Shot both these bucks this year out of the same stand. Larger one grosses 163" and the smaller goes 136". Makes me wonder when my luck will run out. Hopefully my luck continues for at least the next week while in Saskatchewan!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.