1st WILDCAT ML kill !!!!

wildworks

wildcat400shot.jpg
oryxwml.jpg

well after months of testing and bullet design we have finally put it all together! This is the first kill with the new Wildcat Muzzleloader bullet! The hunt was for a scimatar horned oryx, which is a native african game animal. The bullet used was the 400Gr jackted flat base WILDCAT ML. using 150 gr of pyrodex pellets. out of a custom Lenartz RDI 50. in 50 cal. the bullet was running 1750fps out of the 26" tube. The shot was 130 yards slight quarter to. the shot entered the point of the shoulder and traveled 24 " back and rested under the skin on the opp. side. as you can see the bullet preformed perfectly! Richard and I are almost ready to launch this new bullet and are very excited to be bringing the muzzlloader hunter the one of the most extensive lines of sabot muzzleloader bullets available!!!! You all know the wildcat name and know the precision! We are offering custom flatbase, and rebated boattail jackted, and solid lead from 250 gr to 600 gr!! If you have any questions about these bullets please send me an email about them I will be handleing them here in Michigan. [email protected]

Congrats on the kill. Did you knock him over when the bullet hit? I like that sticker on the buttstock. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Wonder if there's any money in sponsorships like the Nascar guys? LOL

skinny

unfortunatly the bullet didnt hit the shoulder bone because of the angle. but it did knock it backwards a bunch! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You guys need a point on that boolit, won't compete with the new plastic tipped wonders unless you do. I get a huge kick out of seeing some manufacturers putting a boat-tail on muzzleloader bullets - probably contributes 2 fps at 100 yards. I once wrote that we were hurling bullets that had the B.C. of a flying trashcan, at least now the trashcans have pointed lids. Bonding is good, too many m.l. bullets lose their cores on close shots.

Ian

These bullets are made to KILL! not look pretty with a plastic tip. The plastic tip does no great thing for a ML either, and with the boatail you atleast have a choice! either you want a boattail or flat base everyone is different! most ML bullets as you know dont fully open at longer ranges this half jacket design alows the bullet to expand and still hold together! the larger bullets are going to have a thicker jacket for even better expantion control. As you can see form the bullet preformance above!!!

this is a hunting bullet hand made to your spec's that shoots!

Ian give me you address and I will send you some to test! then see what you think. But you have to shoot more than paper with them!!!!!

my e mail is [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.