175 gr Win silvertips for 10mm glock

Wish he could get back at him. He did not make it.

Best of luck On your hunt Mikie62. That area is stunningly beautiful, and as you know big time Grizz country.
I'm glad you will have a back up gun for close encounters should they occur.
Godspeed to the Fallen guide Mark Uptain.

Forget the silvertips unless you are trying to stop a charging Deer. Use the hardcast.
When you kill your animal and the gutting and processing begins keep the 10mm on you with one in the chamber and keep it accessible. It wont help you if it is 10 feet away and the bear is 5 feet away.
That is what happened to the hunter and guide.
Good luck

While I've yet to tangle with a grizzly (and Alaska doesn't count), I do live and hunt near Yellowstone so grizzlies are a real hazard while camping or hunting around here. My Glock 20 is loaded with 190 gr Cutting Edge copper solids. I've figured that these are at least as hard as hard cast leads and will give me every bit of penetration that I can get out of a 200ish grain bullet. I don't know of anyone who sells them loaded but it's a thought.

Cross

Forget the silvertips unless you are trying to stop a charging Deer. Use the hardcast.
When you kill your animal and the gutting and processing begins keep the 10mm on you with one in the chamber and keep it accessible. It wont help you if it is 10 feet away and the bear is 5 feet away.
That is what happened to the hunter and guide.
Good luck

WE have plenty of Knowledge in gutting and quartering. We will have one of us standing guard with a rifle and all 3 of us will have 10 mm's on us at all times. I will be a little nervous with my son being there since I know I would jump between him and a bear and pray for the best even though it would be mere seconds. We are all looking forward to this hunt though.

While I've yet to tangle with a grizzly (and Alaska doesn't count), I do live and hunt near Yellowstone so grizzlies are a real hazard while camping or hunting around here. My Glock 20 is loaded with 190 gr Cutting Edge copper solids. I've figured that these are at least as hard as hard cast leads and will give me every bit of penetration that I can get out of a 200ish grain bullet. I don't know of anyone who sells them loaded but it's a thought.

Cross

may try these if we get a chance to reload before next summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.