115 gr TTSX for .257

Korhil78

I have been wondering for a while why Barnes hasn't made a 115 gr TTSX in .257 caliber. I shoot my 25-06 a lot and would like to see this bullet made by Barnes. I emailed them about it and this is what they had to say:

The longer a bullet the more twist is required to properly stabilize it and consequently get good accuracy. To add a tip would make the 115gr TSX longer and it would not stabilize properly in the standard 1 in 10 twist barrel that is common to most .257 caliber rifles. I'm sorry we won't be able to add a 115gr TTSX to our lineup for this reason.

Thanks, Ty

Ty Herring | Consumer Service - Lead Tech
Barnes Bullets, LLC

Now I know these guys know what they are doing but isn't the 115 gr Berger longer than the TTSX? The Berger shoots just fine. Maybe the makeup of the Berger and the Barnes are different and that is what he means?

Don't know much about the barnes but, am very impressed with the Berger's and they fit fine in my mag and I find very accurate. Also killed a large hog with one last week and gave it to a friend to process. Asked him to give an evaluation of terminal damage when he cut it open. He stated I had made a lung shot on it and that the bullet was in about 4 pieces but had devistated the organs. As a fella that likes his bullets to exit he was very impressed with the results of the Berger. I would like to see 120gr bullets with High B.C. Brad

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.