1000+ yd. hog

That's a great article from Richard. I enjoy hunting chucks here in Central PA but Richard and his friends I think are having more fun than one should be allowed;) I've killed 11 chucks this year over 1,000 yards with the furthest being 1301 yards. Joel Russo was up to witness one killed at 1200 yards and JUDD was there for all the rest, along with a ton of kills between 400 and 1,000 yards. I try to video all of my hunts also but trying to get a chuck on camera at those distances without a ton of mirage is really tough. I'd love to go chuck hunting with Richard or have him come hunt with us sometime. Keep up the great work Richard. I already can't wait for next spring to do it all over again!!

hey kevin, whats with this 1301 yard stuff. are you really sure about that yard? i mean is it possible it was only 1300? i hate to call you on it, but you pa. guys have been known to exagerate. especially that bunch from harrisburg.

Wow, you guys are tough...

I can vouch for the 1200 yard kill, I was there.
Perhaps you can join in on the fun next spring and see for yourself....

Hey yobuck, who is in the crowd from Harrisburg that you mention as "exaggerators"?

yobuck,

Just checked your personal information..........

Now I know who you are talking about...:)

Welcome here Ernie, nice to hear from you. It would be great to see you if you get back home for hunting season.

Hey what parts of central PA you talkin about. I am a Howard resident. Been shootin along Jacksonville Back rd. Gettin out to around 1100 myself. Can't hit anything yet. Hoping to have the 300 WSM up and going come time for the new season.

Knepp

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.