Judd's 537 yard hog

Kevin Cram

JUDD and I were out tonight hunting some chucks and he connected with a huge pig at 537 yards with his Savage Tactical .308
Here is JUDD with a his new prize.

ShaneWalton537yards20082.jpg

ShaneWalto537yards2008.jpg

Last edited:
New Pig

Might just have this gun figured out finally!! Worked up a new load and took it out and chrono'd it with Kevin and it is a world of diferance. :eek:

Feathers or Fur beware!!!gun)

Rifle info

Joels right it's a savage tactical Model 10FCP with the Mcmillian stock. The stock is nice but I would much rather hae the gun sitting on a nice Russo laminate!!

I had Kevin do some work to it which made a drastic improvment over the way it came from factory. He pillar bedded the stock,installed a JP break, new lug, worked on stock trigger (I took out the blade for the accutrigger), I also had him lap the barrel for me.

It wears a Leupold VXIII 6.5-20-50 side focus with VH reticle. ARMS quick detach rings and an EGW base

Right now shooting 178gr AMAX, 43.5 grains varget, Win case, CCI mag primers, seating about .05 off the lands

Velocity is 2650 last time at range it shot about .5-.6moa at 100

Any other questions let me know I would be happy to answer
:)and it is for sale in the for sale forum:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.