Ziess rangefinder scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Geoff Seymour, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Geoff Seymour

Geoff Seymour Member

2. ErikD

ErikD Member

[​IMG]

From Zeiss:

[ QUOTE ]
    The Victory Diarange 3-12x56 T* with integrated laser rangefinder from Carl Zeiss is a new riflescope that delivers not only excellent optical performance and mechanical sturdiness, but also the precise range to the target at the push of a button. The ease of use makes it possible to react quickly - with the weapon in a firing position within a fraction of a second - even when unexpected hunting situations occur.

Start of delivery:
    April 2006: Germany, Austria, Switzerland
    June 2006: Worldwide without USA
    August 2006: USA

[/ QUOTE ]

3. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

Hey Geoff,

I got some information from our sales rep on this scope. Try $3700 for it! Wow!

4. Geoff Seymour

Geoff Seymour Member

That would be well over twice the price of the basic scope, I cannot think of a higher priced scope in Europe short of Night Vision gear. My first little Ziess cost me £400 ($600 ish) about 12 years ago, never regretted it though. It will sell but at that price not in any volume. A Leica plus a plain scope would be about £1600 ($2400) over here. I would think the European prices will be higher as they are well establihed here but I suspect their US market penetration is limited.