Zeiss violating EU trade rules?

sierra22

I have suddenly experienced a difficulty in getting Zeiss Conquests sent from US to Europe.
This is not a restricted export item, so I have reason to believe it is Zeiss putting pressure on their vendors. Zeiss are trying to keep up a much higher price on the Conquest series here in Europe. I believe this is not in compliance with EU competion rules, Zeiss being an european company.

Nintendo was in 2002 slapped with a 167.8 million euro fine for similar practice.(app US$200 million)

Any thoughts? Should we europeans be accepting this? Is this a case for Zeiss customer service?

have tou tried bear basin? they usually have no trouble in sending them a, friend just purchased a conquest.

I think you will find its the dealers who rightly or wrongly will not ship outside of the US.
If on the other hand you are infering price fixing which a lot of others do or they will not supply, that is illegal.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.