Zeiss violating EU trade rules?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by sierra22, Sep 16, 2005.

1. sierra22

sierra22 Well-Known Member

I have suddenly experienced a difficulty in getting Zeiss Conquests sent from US to Europe.
    This is not a restricted export item, so I have reason to believe it is Zeiss putting pressure on their vendors. Zeiss are trying to keep up a much higher price on the Conquest series here in Europe. I believe this is not in compliance with EU competion rules, Zeiss being an european company.

Nintendo was in 2002 slapped with a 167.8 million euro fine for similar practice.(app US$200 million)

Any thoughts? Should we europeans be accepting this? Is this a case for Zeiss customer service?

2. älg

älg Well-Known Member

have tou tried bear basin? they usually have no trouble in sending them a, friend just purchased a conquest.

3. hareng

hareng Well-Known Member

I think you will find its the dealers who rightly or wrongly will not ship outside of the US.
    If on the other hand you are infering price fixing which a lot of others do or they will not supply, that is illegal.