Zeiss scope purchase?

tom ga hunter

I an plan to buy a new Zeiss V4 4x16 scope or a Zeiss V6 in 3x18 scope for my big field rifle. Has anyone used either scope? What do you think about it?

I have a v4 4-16x44 and I like it. Very good glass quality for the money. Probably going to sell it soon to upgrade, but I was not limited by the scope this past hunting season, I enjoyed using it.

I have two V6 scopes one 3-18 and a 5-30 they are both excellent scopes and I've owned some flagship
scopes and none have been any better for hunting in my opinion. The clicks are crisp and they return to zero every time and are lightweight and as clear as my naked eye can compare. The tracking on both are spot on I own a couple of Kahles KX scopes as well and just can't see any difference in performance between the ZEISS of the Kahles. Did own a 624i but passed it on due to weight.

Last edited:
FBB4FA3C-F9E6-483E-8E0E-3B14DCEBDA3B.jpeg

That's a V4 4-16 x 44. I really like it but regret not having windage turrets. Elevation turret feels pretty solid and zero stop seems to work well (have not stretched it out yet to test). The eye box is also not super forgiving. Glass is very good and sharp. Power is about perfect for me. Not too high, but enough to see well enough. A little heavy at 22 oz or so. Once my clumsy - - - takes a tumble in the woods and then shoots it, I'll give my real review!

I'm really liking my V4 4-16x44. I've got the ZMOA 2 reticle so I dial for elevation and hold for wind. I've taken mine out to 1000 yards and it returned to zero without any problem. Actually I shot at 1000 then turned it back to the really nice zero stop and put the gun back in the safe. I took it out this morning setup at 503 yards dialed 6 minutes up and shot one cold bore round. So I'd say good glass and good repeatable adjustments.

782E1F8D-5546-4724-91CC-065AB7F62432.jpeg

If you are considering the V6 and the V4, go V6. I wasn't impressed with the V4 over the previous HD5 model. I understand the V6 has similar or better glass than the HD5 did. Would have gone with the V6 myself but wanted maximum turret adjustments and the larger powered V6 for some reason doesn't have the same range.

I have two V6's and one V4. The V6 is worth the extra spend because it has superior glass. Honestly, if your looking for a lightweight hunting scope with turrets, this scope is hard to beat for the price. I built a light weight rifle to shoot suppressed and wanted to find the best scope with the least weight to keep total rifle weight down. So far turrets seem to be accurate and repeatable
280 AI.JPG
. I was pleased enough that I purchased another for my next rifle.

I own the 3x18 V6 stop a 300 WM. Great optics, the return to zero feature requires actually reading the manual. Don't forget the torx driver for your range times. You'll need it.

I just got a V4 4x16-44 and it is a godd scope. To me the eye relief was great and did not change that much as you increased manification. The turrets are very crisp and allow for a lot of dial up. I think it is a better quality scope then my Burris Veracity. The turrets deinatly are much crisper and easier to know you have moved them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts