Zeiss Conquest Warranty Problem

I have two Zeiss Conquest scopes and like both of them very much for their clarity and crispness. However, I had to send one back to Zeiss (4.5 by 14) due to the scope losing its internal pressure thus showing dirt and debris on the focal lenses. Has anyone else had a similar problem?gun)

Are you having a warranty problem or just asking about the warranty? Zeiss has been great when I have had to send products back to them. It just takes a while to get them back. I had to send a conquest scope as it wasn't holding its zero for windage (erector system i think).

I think Swarovski has a better warranty as my rangefinder malfunctioned and as soon as they got it they sent me a new one.

Thanks for the note back. The question is more around if others have seen the same failure mode in Zeiss Conquest scopes....loss of nitrogen pressurization as well as loss of holding zero. Zeiss does have a life time warranty on their scopes and optics, but takes 10-12 weeks for repair and return.

yes failures are common. local shop here quit carrying them due to reticle breakage, not holding zero. this happens on the expensive models to. my friend had a 6 to 20 x 56 wouldnt hold zero on a 270 win.

I have 10 conquest from the 3.5-10x50 to the 6.5-20x50 and 2 of the 6-24x56 victorys and I have also sold and installed about 30-40 conquest of different models and several victorys with no problems at all.

The conquest line is the best you can buy under $1000, PERIOD! I base this on my on experience of installing and sighting in hundreds of scopes of all kinds.

I don't believe dirt and debris on the lenses are a function of loss of internal pressure. While the scopes are nitrogen purged, and may have some pressure, it's not like high pressure gas charged shock absorber.

The lenses are most often dirty b/c of poor factory cleaning, or internal dust or anodizing that flakes off upon recoil. The problem is very common in scopes with etched reticles, as the pieces stick on the glass in the same plane as the reticle, and show up annoyingly large and often don't go away due to electrostatic adhesion. This shows up with no breach of the internal seals of the scope at all.

At any rate, I'm sorry to see the negative comments on the Conquest. I've actually heard this more and more the last year or so.

Products, like people, tend to be verbs. It's important to get a current weather reading when it comes to optics. Last year's scopes represent ancient history.

Scott

Had a 3-9x40 Conquest that would not hold Zero. Sent it In for repair, they ended up replacing it with a HD5, they said they did not have the parts to repair it. I wish they would have repaired it because the optics were better on the Conquest. I have heard if you need a Conquest repaired, send it to Meopta, they are the ones that made the Conquest line. That was from a Rep at Meopta that I talked to at the NRA show.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts